Cyber Security & Ethical Hacking
Starts 29 Apr, 2022
The course objective is to introduce students to Cyber Security and cybercrime basics. This course will help students learn various concepts such as ethical hacking, cryptography, computer networks & security, application security, idAM (identity & access management), vulnerability analysis, malware threats, sniffing, SQL injection, DoS, session hijacking, and various security practices for businesses from scratch with hands-on demonstrations.
The course will be scheduled in three parts as follows:
1. Fundamentals of Cyber Security
Topics Covered: Introduction to Cyber Security & Ethical Hacking, Cryptography, Computer Networks & Security
2. Advanced Cyber Security
Topics Covered: Application and Web Security, IdAM (Identity and Access Management), Vulnerability Analysis & System Hacking, Sniffing and SQL Injection, DoS and Session Hijacking
3. Cyber Security Practitioner
Topics Covered: Disaster recovery in cybersecurity, Practical Ethical hacking, Fundamentals of penetration testing
1. Students will understand the essential building blocks and basic concepts around cybersecurity such as Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, Security Architecture, Security Policies
2. Students will analyze core topics such as Security Governance, Audit, Compliance, and Security Architecture.
3. Students will learn various forms of cryptographic techniques, their practical relevance & weaknesses.
4. Students will analyze the weaknesses & concepts around securing networks.
5. Students understand known application weaknesses, and analyze techniques to attack application weaknesses, and apply various controls/solutions to these vulnerabilities.
6. Students will identify countermeasures that can be employed to protect sites from different cyber threats.
7. Students will learn and analyze concepts of authorization, authentication, identity & access management, and their benefits to an enterprise.
8. Students will analyze a system for various vulnerabilities. Students will apply different strategies and methodologies to regain access to the system.
9. Students will understand the concept of malware, its propagation techniques, types, the concept and types of sniffing, SQL injection & its types, and SQL injection methodologies.
10. Students will understand DoS and DDoS attacks, session hijacking and its types, working of the intrusion detection system, and the concept of honeypots.
There will be one final project for this course. The problem statement will be given in context of a real-world data set and will be uploaded on the LMS. The date of final project submission and project presentation will be given in class and posted on the LMS.
How do I interact with the educator during the class?
You can interact with the educator during the class using the chat feature.
What if I have queries related to the topic after the class?
We provide 24*7 live support to all our students via live chat feature and email. Our academic enablers are always available to help you throughout the course.
How will I be graded?
You will be graded on the basis of weekly quizzes, assignments, lab engagements, midterm and final exams.
Is the course material accessible to the students even after the course is over?
Yes, the course material is accessible to the students even after the course is over in the form or PDF documents and recorded lectures.